The notice does not mean that your pension plan is ending or that PBGC is taking over payment of your benefit. While PBGC insures your pension, the pension plan remains under the sponsorship of your employer. PBGC does not have any specific information about your benefit.
Employers are required to send an Annual Funding Notice each year to everyone covered by their pension plan.
The notice provides you with information about:
- How well your pension plan is funded
- The value of your pension plan's assets and liabilities
- How your pension plan's assets are invested
- The legal limits on how much PBGC can pay if your pension plan ends
Again, PBGC does not have specific information about your pension plan or the benefit you have earned. If you have questions, please contact the administrator of your pension plan using the contact information given you in the notice.
If you have general questions about PBGC and the benefits we guarantee, see Your Guaranteed Pension.
If you have general questions about PBGC and the benefits we guarantee, please visit
- Your Guaranteed Pension
- How to check if we insure your pension
- Find information on pension plans trusteed by PBGC
- Information on pension plans not trusteed by PBGC
- Read answers to our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Search a list of the pension plan participants we’re looking for
- Review PBGC Publications and Fact Sheets
- New Visitors page
Additional information from the Department of Labor (DOL):