Our blog, Retirement Matters, is one of the ways we communicate to share important updates and information. Be sure to subscribe now to stay in the know.
You are here
Retirement matters Blog
Sign Up For Email Updates
March 7, 2018
Curious how much PBGC paid out in pension benefits in your state? Your Congressional district?
December 21, 2017
Looking ahead to tax season, we would like to share important information about PBGC benefits and taxes.
December 20, 2017
If you receive monthly benefits from PBGC through direct deposit, you may have noticed that your payment is deposited early when the first of the month falls on a weekend...
December 5, 2017
PBGC and other federal agencies are working hard to help make government more open and transparent.
November 28, 2017
PBGC will pay retirement benefits for more than 600 current and future retirees of the Public Service Insurance Company, a Chicago, Illinois-based property and casualty...
August 9, 2017
PBGC recently issued our FY 2016 Projections Report, which forecasts the future financial status of our Multiemployer and Sing
July 26, 2017
PBGC wants to hear from you! Help us develop a better and more responsive regulatory structure.
May 17, 2017
Did you know that, in 2016, PBGC paid out about $5.6 billion in pension benefits to nearly 861,000 retirees in failed single-employer plans?
May 5, 2017
We are pleased to announce the launch of our redesigned website, PBGC.gov. We’ve listened to your feedback, and based our new design on your input.
February 24, 2017
If you receive a benefit from PBGC, we report the amount annually to the IRS and we'll send you a Form 1099-R.
February 17, 2017
Did you know that PBGC paid more than $5.6 billion (that’s “billion” with a “b”) to 840,000 reti
- @inalajan Hi Cathy - PBGC data sets are facts and figures related to our operations. For example, one of our data s… t.co/HPCgBWnJm5
- It's the final day of #OpenGovWeek and we've published our new #OpenGovernment plan, aka 5.0. Check it out now!… t.co/h4g3WuVldm
- #QOTD: Which PBGC service would you like to use on your mobile device? Have feedback? Please direct it to Opengov@p… t.co/9ZxiNIQmCX
- #QOTD: Which PBGC online service or data would you like to be easier to use? Have feedback? Please direct feedback… t.co/VUnyrAdw6p
- PBGC strives to promote transparency, participation & collaboration in support of an open government. Consider the… t.co/cSDeDAqmVy