Welcome to PBGC! We protect the retirement security of nearly 37 million Americans in single employer and multiemployer pension plans. Our goal is to provide the highest-level of customer support, and to work to protect workers’ and retirees’ hard-earned pension benefits.
WASHINGTON –The Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation has reached an agreement with Sears Holdings Corporation under which the agency will withdraw its objection to the proposed sale of Sears’ assets to ESL Investments.
WASHINGTON – Israel (“Izzy”) Goldowitz, the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation’s Deputy General Counsel for Program Law & Policy, has retired from public service following a 30-year career at the agency.
WASHINGTON — The Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation is taking steps to assume responsibility for Sears Holdings Corporation’s two defined benefit pension plans, which cover about 90,000 people.
- #ICYMI: @USGAO released a report on the nation's retirement system and the future of #RetirementSecurity. Key highl… t.co/2c29aZdImU
- Please visit t.co/fHwbq4o0y8 for more information. t.co/WtuWNFBlbr
- Please remember, the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation will never contact anyone by email or through social medi… t.co/D0CXi8OpVv
- The messages claim the user has won a large sum of money through a non-existent social grant program and should rep… t.co/9XKgsblQyl
- ⚠️Attention⚠️ We’ve recently been made aware of a scam where individuals are posing as employees of a fake entity c… t.co/nycdQou2eJ