Welcome to PBGC! We protect the retirement security of nearly 37 million Americans in single employer and multiemployer pension plans. Our goal is to provide the highest-level of customer support, and to work to protect workers’ and retirees’ hard-earned pension benefits.
WASHINGTON –The Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation has reached an agreement with Sears Holdings Corporation under which the agency will withdraw its objection to the proposed sale of Sears’ assets to ESL Investments.
WASHINGTON – Israel (“Izzy”) Goldowitz, the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation’s Deputy General Counsel for Program Law & Policy, has retired from public service following a 30-year career at the agency.
WASHINGTON — The Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation is taking steps to assume responsibility for Sears Holdings Corporation’s two defined benefit pension plans, which cover about 90,000 people.
- @inalajan Hi Cathy - PBGC data sets are facts and figures related to our operations. For example, one of our data s… t.co/HPCgBWnJm5
- It's the final day of #OpenGovWeek and we've published our new #OpenGovernment plan, aka 5.0. Check it out now!… t.co/h4g3WuVldm
- #QOTD: Which PBGC service would you like to use on your mobile device? Have feedback? Please direct it to Opengov@p… t.co/9ZxiNIQmCX
- #QOTD: Which PBGC online service or data would you like to be easier to use? Have feedback? Please direct feedback… t.co/VUnyrAdw6p
- PBGC strives to promote transparency, participation & collaboration in support of an open government. Consider the… t.co/cSDeDAqmVy