Chief Data Officer
Melanie Carter is the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation’s (PBGC’s) Enterprise Governance Department Director within the Office of Information Technology (OIT). She is also the Corporation’s Chief Data Officer. She joined PBGC in 1996 and has more than 25 years of government experience in technology and industry leadership, data governance, program management expertise, and executive management acumen.
In her dual role, Melanie is responsible for coordinating the Corporation’s data governance as well as managing lifecycle data for the PBGC mission. She is charged with bolstering the productivity and quality of the Information Technology (IT) strategic planning. She also directs OIT’s Policy and Compliance Division, Enterprise Architecture Division, and the IT Portfolio Management Division. Additionally, Melanie constituted and chairs the Data Governance Board.
Melanie held numerous positions in business, governance, and technical domains, as well as government functions. She served as a Program Manager in OIT, Special Assistant to the CIO, Division Manager of the Retiree Services Division, and Lead Pension Systems Administrator. Melanie received several awards and accolades highlighting her leadership, professionalism, and mentorship. Melanie holds a Master of Business Administration from Strayer University, Bachelor of Science in Mathematics with Minor in Computer Science, from Alcorn State University where she graduated Magna Cum Laude.
PBGC Data Governance Board Members
- Melanie Carter, Office of Information Technology – Chief Data Officer
- Adi Berger, Office of Negotiations & Restructuring – Member
- Ted Goldman, Office of Policy and External Affairs – Member
- Shawn Hartley, Office of the General Counsel – Member
- Anne Henderson, Office of Policy and External Affairs – Member
- Daniel Lee, Office of Benefits Administration – Member
- Tim Morse, Office of the Chief Financial Officer – Member
- Anna Peart, Office of Benefits Administration – Member
- Erika Solberg, Office of Negotiations & Restructuring – Member
- Hannah Uricchio, Office of the General Counsel – Member
- Bridget Wilson, Office of Management & Administration – Member