IRS Income Tax Form 1099-R
Tax season: Your benefit from PBGC may be taxable depending on your individual circumstances. We will provide a 1099-R form with instructions to assist you with your taxes. You may also view the instructions on the IRS's website. Your form will be mailed before February 1, 2017, and will be available on MyPBA on Friday, February 3, 2017. You can view or change your tax withholdings as well as download your 1099-R form in MyPBA. If you haven't used MyPBA in awhile, we encourage you to log in before you plan to do your taxes to ensure your account is active. If you have not received your 1099-R by February 10, please call our Customer Contact Center for assistance.
If you don't receive your form soon after the mailing date, we offer the following options:
How to Obtain Your 1099-R From PBGC:
- Use our online service, MyPBA, to view and print a copy of your 1099-R tax form for the most recent tax year. Forms for 2016 will become available on February 3, 2017.
- Call PBGC's Customer Contact Center to request a form by mail.
- The number is 1-800-400-7242.
- For TTY/ASCII (American Standard Code for Information Interchange) users, call the federal relay service toll-free at 1-800-877-8339 and ask to be connected to the number above.
- Please have your Social Security number, plan name and case number ready for the customer service representative.
See also: IRS Form 1099-R Frequently Asked Questions.
More information about Form 1099-R is available on the IRS website:
State Income Taxes
While PBGC is required to withhold federal income tax, we do not withhold for state taxes. If your state has an income tax, you may owe tax on your PBGC benefit. To find out more, contact your state tax office (Excel file, 14.4 KB).