Skip to main content
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Contacting PBGC About Unclaimed Pensions

Are You Owed a Retirement Benefit from PBGC?

Across the country, there are more than 80,000 people who have not claimed their earned defined benefit pension.

If you are looking for an unclaimed pension benefit, then please call PBGC toll-free at 1-800-400-7242. TTY/ASCII users: call the federal relay service toll-free at 1-800-877-8339 and ask to be connected to 1-800-400-7242.

Information to Provide When Contacting PBGC

If you are the participant (i.e., a person who is earning or retaining a pension benefit under a pension plan, whether or not the person is currently working for the employer):

  • Name
  • Social Security number
  • Mailing address
  • Daytime and evening telephone numbers
  • Company name and dates you worked for the company

If you are not the participant, then please have the participant information requested above ready, and the following for yourself:

  • Name
  • Daytime and evening telephone numbers
Last Updated: December 3, 2021