If PBGC is the trustee of your pension plan, you can conduct certain common transactions through our online service, MyPBA.
You can set up a MyPBA account when your pension plan's information has been loaded to our database, typically several months after PBGC takes responsibility for your pension.
- Transactions are processed faster using PBGC's online service. You don't have to wait for forms in the mail!
- Online transactions are safe, confidential, and completely secure.
- MyPBA provides confirmation of the date and time that PBGC received your information.
- MyPBA helps PBGC provide a more accurate and timely response.
- Update your address / phone number
Help PBGC stay in touch with you.
- IRS Income Tax Form 1099-R
PBGC reports your pension distributions on IRS Form 1099-R. We mail this form to you each January. Or, view and print your most recent 1099-R online.
- Request a payment estimate
Plan for retirement by learning what your pension benefit will be at different retirement dates. PBGC strongly recommends that you request an estimate before you apply for your pension.
- Adjust federal income tax withholding
PBGC automatically withholds federal taxes from your pension unless you give us other instructions. Use our online service tool to adjust or cancel your withholding.
- Apply for your pension benefits
You can apply for your pension if you are now eligible to receive benefits or will be eligible within the next 180 days, and you want to start your retirement payments in the next 180 days.
- Apply for survivor benefits
To begin receiving a survivor benefit, complete a beneficiary application for pension payments.
- Designate a beneficiary
Designating a beneficiary can help secure your family's financial future. You should do this even before you begin receiving benefits. If you are receiving survivor benefits, you, too, should designate a beneficiary.
- Apply for direct deposit
Electronic deposits are safe, secure, and simple, and they eliminate the risk of lost or stolen pension checks or postal delays.
- View payment history
Track PBGC's payments to you, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Note: You can handle some transactions by using the forms available on this page.
- You can use MyPBA if PBGC is the trustee of your pension plan.
- You can set up your MyPBA account once your plan's information is loaded into our database. This can be a complicated process. You won't be able to use MyPBA until several months after we take responsibility for your plan.
- You can use MyPBA even if you haven't started to get your monthly benefit from PBGC.
- An email address
- Your valid Social Security Number
- Your PBGC case number
- You can create your personal MyPBA account as soon as we have acquired your plan's information and finished loading it into our database.
- It typically takes several months to set up the database for your account.
- If you try to open an account too soon, you will get a message that there's no match to the plan name or case number yet.