Skip to main content

This page has not been translated. Please go to's Spanish home page for more information available in Spanish.

Esta página no ha sido traducida. Por favor vaya a la página principal del sitio de español de PBGC para ver información disponible en español.

Health Coverage Tax Credit (HCTC)

Alert Icon The Health Coverage Tax Credit expired on
December 31, 2021.

For more information visit IRS’ Health Coverage Tax Credit page.

The Health Coverage Tax Credit (HCTC) was a federal tax credit administered by the IRS for 72.5 percent of health care insurance premiums. HCTC may have applied to certain individuals at least 55 and up to 65 years of age which are receiving benefits from PBGC.

For HCTC assistance, call the IRS’ toll-free number 844-853-7210 or email


Last Updated: