The information below is for workers and retirees who need to update their personal information on file with PBGC.
- If you move, change your name, telephone number, or email, or discover PBGC has incorrect information about you, we need this new information to stay in touch with you.
- Use our online service, My Pension Benefit Access (MyPBA) to apply.
- Call PBGC's Customer Contact Center:
- Call at 1-800-400-7242. For TTY/ASCII (American Standard Code for Information Interchange) users, call the federal relay service toll-free at 1-800-877-8339 and ask to be connected to 1-800-400-7242
- Remember to have your Social Security number, plan name, and case number ready so the customer service representative is better able to help you.
- Write to us at:
PO Box 151750
Alexandria, VA 22315-1750
- Name changes require that you submit a copy of one of the following: marriage certificate, divorce decree, amended or corrected birth certificate, or court order or other legal document.
- Social Security number changes require that you submit a copy of one of the following: a Social Security card showing the correct SSN and the same name used PBGC's records, documentation from the Social Security Administration confirming the SSN with the same name used PBGC's records, or an earnings record from the Social Security Administration showing your SSN and earnings under your PBGC-covered plan.