Skip to main content

This page has not been translated. Please go to's Spanish home page for more information available in Spanish.

Esta página no ha sido traducida. Por favor vaya a la página principal del sitio de español de PBGC para ver información disponible en español.

Annual notice of the right to elect or revoke federal tax withholding

Your PBGC pension payments are subject to federal income tax withholding unless you have previously elected otherwise.    

You may change your withholding amount at any time.


If you do not want to change your current withholding amount, you do not need to take any action.  


If you decide not to have PBGC withhold taxes or the withholding amount is too low, you may have to pay an estimated tax directly to the Internal Revenue Service. If your estimated tax or withholding amount is too low, you may also have to pay penalties to the IRS.

How to change your withholding

You have two options to update your federal income tax withholding:

  • Submit a request through your MyPBA account. Login or start the registration process at
  • Complete IRS Form W-4P online, print, and sign it. If you want to receive a paper copy of the form, call PBGC’s Customer Contact Center (1-800-400-7242).

Here’s how to submit your completed form: 

By mail

PO Box 151750 
Alexandria, VA 22315-1750

By email (PDF format only)


Last Updated: