You are here
Retirement matters Blog
SIGN UP FOR BLOG UPDATES
December 27, 2016
Since January 1, 2017 falls on a Sunday and January 2, 2017 is an observed Federal holiday, participants will not receive a pension benefit by direct deposit until...
August 25, 2016
The United States Postal Service has issued a service disruption alert due to torrential rain and flooding in Louisiana and Mississippi, and wildfires in California.
August 22, 2016
Our customer surveys show us that many visitors to pbgc.gov are looking for an estimate of their retirement benefit.
October 14, 2015
August 31, 2015
PBGC will pay retirement benefits for more than 8,500 current and future retirees of The Stanreco Retirement Plan, a pension plan sponsored by Standard Register Co., a...
July 8, 2015
On June 29, President Obama signed legislation to extend the Health Coverage Tax Credit (HCTC) through Dec. 31, 2019.
February 4, 2015
PBGC will pay retirement benefits for more than 1,600 current and future retirees at Hovensa LLC, which owns an oil refinery and oil storage terminal in the U.S.
January 20, 2015
Do you receive a benefit from PBGC? If so, all or a portion of your benefit may be taxable.
October 17, 2014
PBGC will pay retirement benefits for more than 4,500 current and future retirees at Reichhold Inc., a manufacturer of resins used for composites, based in Durham, N.C....
September 2, 2014
PBGC will pay retirement benefits for 233 people covered by a plan sponsored by the Los Angeles Urban League Inc., a local chapter of the
July 8, 2014
The news isn't good for 1.5 million people across the country in a swath of multiemployer plans.
- The monthly #InterestRateUpdate Summary for February is now available: t.co/P0xl5mxJlr t.co/dxlmyVTJq8
- ICYMI: @USPBGC Inspector General Robert Westbrooks was recently featured on @GovMattersTV news program. To hear mor… t.co/Bj2fsotGVh
- @USPBGC is open for business. Read our latest #RetirementMatters blog post for more info: t.co/46whTtYzig
- ICYMI, @USPBGC published its monthly #InterestRateUpdate summary for January. Read more here: t.co/VGS8W1G1h5.
- From the @USPBGC newsroom: We're expanding our Missing Participants Program to include terminated 401(k) and other… t.co/Hvl4WLEXhN