PBGC's Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU) helps small businesses in their pursuit of contracts with the agency. Be sure to review the following information for the latest requirements for contracting and tips for working with PBGC.
Register With SAM
Individuals who wish to contract with the federal government must register in the System for Award Management (SAM). SAM is the primary database for the federal government. It is a consolidation of several procurement systems that allows small businesses to register to do business with the federal government and represent/self-certify as a small business entity in one system.
On April 4, 2022, the federal government stopped using the DUNS Number to uniquely identify entities. Now, entities doing business with the federal government use the Unique Entity ID (UEI) created in SAM.gov.
- The UEI is a 12-character alphanumeric ID.
- Existing registered entities can find their UEI on SAM.gov.
- If you are having difficulty with SAM.gov, contact the Federal Service Desk or call 866-606-8220.
- Know the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Codes for your firm’s products and/or services.
- Visit the SAM.gov website for PBGC contracting opportunities.
- Consider becoming a General Services Administration (GSA) Federal Supply Schedule contract holder.