About the OSDBU
The Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU) manages the development and implementation of appropriate outreach programs aimed at heightening the awareness of the small business community to the contracting opportunities available within PBGC. OSDBU responsibilities, programs, and activities are managed under three lines of business: advocacy, outreach, and unification of the business process. The office:
- Promotes the participation of all small businesses in PBGC contracts.
- Develops information to ensure small businesses compete for and receive a fair share of PBGC's expenditures.
- Hosts Vendor Outreach Session to educate vendors on the small business program and to provide information on how to effectively market its products and services to PBGC.
What We Do
The OSDBU was created as part of the Small Business Act, as amended by Public Law 95-507 and subsequent supporting legislation. OSDBU provides guidance to PBGC to attain its contracting portfolio's small business goals.
OSDBU has specific responsibilities under:
- The Small Business Act
- The Veterans Benefits Act
- The AbilityOne Program
- Federal Acquisition Regulations
- Other supporting legislation and Executive Orders
The newly created PBGC vendor database will be used for Contracting Officer Representative market research. Vendors can follow these instructions on how to submit information to be included in the vendor repository.