On Monday, April 26, 2021, PBGC will launch a new version of the My Plan Administration Account (My PAA) premium filing application.
In addition to a modern look and feel, the new version of My PAA includes multiple enhancements to improve customer experience with plan management, premium filing, and payment processing, such as:
- Screen-prepared filings
- Applicable screens display and request information based on information provided on previous screens and information stored within PBGC’s records.
- Current “route/retrieve” process eliminated. Multiple team members will be able review/edit draft filings without first being given “control” of the draft.
- Uploaded filings
- XML files screened for errors before submission process is complete.
- Enhanced status tracking of uploaded XML files.
- Improved communications
- “Ask a Question” feature – An interactive communication tool with PBGC customer service representatives. Replaces phone calls and email that automatically logs all communications.
- Streamlined training materials – Information about how to navigate within My PAA, file premiums, payment options, and answers to common premium-related questions will be available online in separate “knowledge articles” that are searchable by key words.
- Simplified process for:
- Adding a new person to the My PAA Filing Team for a particular plan.
- Filing for the first time (e.g., new plans).
- Updating information about the plan administrator (e.g., address, telephone number)
Additional information about these enhancements will be available soon.
No. All current My PAA users, roles and plans will be migrated to the new system. Previously submitted filings for 2014 and later plan years will also be migrated.
To facilitate this migration, My PAA will be unavailable from Thursday, April 22, 2021, at 5:00 p.m. Eastern time through Monday, April 26, 2021, at 8:00 a.m. Eastern time.
Most likely no. However, because filings in draft (in-process) status will not be migrated to the new version of My PAA, if you have any draft filings in your account that you plan to submit in the future, you may want to take action before the migration begins to avoid having to recreate them on or after April 26.
You will retain your current username but will need to create a new password the first time you log into My PAA on or after April 26.
Yes. PBGC will post a pre-recorded webinar highlighting the new features of My PAA in late March. The training will feature enhancements and demonstrate navigation processes available in the new system. Additional training resources will also be made available at that time.
As is the case with the current version of My PAA, the new version will also support Chrome, FireFox and Edge. It will no longer support Internet Explorer.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com or call (800) 736-2444 (TTY/TDD users may call the federal relay service toll free at 800-877-8339 and ask to be connected to 202-326-4242).