Skip to main content

Workers & Retirees


People Reviewing Transactions

If PBGC is the trustee of your pension plan, you can conduct certain common transactions through our online service, MyPBA.

You can set up a MyPBA account when your pension plan's information has been loaded to our database, typically several months after PBGC takes responsibility for your pension.

Once you have a MyPBA account, you can do these transactions online:

  • Update your address / phone number
    Help PBGC stay in touch with you.
  • IRS Income Tax Form 1099-R
    PBGC reports your pension distributions on IRS Form 1099-R. We mail this form to you each January. Or, view and print your most recent 1099-R online.
  • Request a payment estimate
    Plan for retirement by learning what your pension benefit will be at different retirement dates. PBGC strongly recommends that you request an estimate before you apply for your pension.
  • Adjust federal income tax withholding
    PBGC automatically withholds federal taxes from your pension unless you give us other instructions. Use our online service tool to adjust or cancel your withholding.
  • Apply for your pension benefits
    You can apply for your pension if you are now eligible to receive benefits or will be eligible within the next 90 days, and you want to start your retirement payments in the next 90 days.
  • Apply for survivor benefits
    To begin receiving a survivor benefit, complete a beneficiary application for pension payments.
  • Designate a beneficiary
    Designating a beneficiary can help secure your family's financial future. You should do this even before you begin receiving benefits. If you are receiving survivor benefits, you, too, should designate a beneficiary.
  • Apply for direct deposit
    Electronic deposits are safe, secure, and simple, and they eliminate the risk of lost or stolen pension checks or postal delays.
  • View payment history
    Track PBGC's payments to you, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Note: You can handle some transactions by using the forms available on this page.