IRS Income Tax Form 1099-R
If you receive a benefit from PBGC, we report the amount annually to the IRS.
For income tax purposes, each January PBGC will send you an IRS Form 1099-R that states the amount we paid you the previous year.
If you need a Form 1099-R for 2012 and haven't received it, PBGC will get you one.
How to Obtain Your 1099-R From PBGC:
- Use our online service, MyPBA, to view and print a copy of your 1099-R tax form for the most recent tax year.
- Call PBGC's Customer Contact Center to request a form by mail.
- The number is 1-800-400-7242.
- For TTY/ASCII (American Standard Code for Information Interchange) users, call the federal relay service toll-free at 1-800-877-8339 and ask to be connected to the number above.
- Please have your Social Security number, plan name and case number ready for the customer service representative.
More information about Form 1099-R is available on the IRS website:
State Income Taxes
While PBGC is required to withhold federal income tax, we do not withhold for state taxes. If your state has an income tax, you may owe tax on your PBGC benefit. To find out more, contact your state tax office (Excel file, 14.4 KB).