Online Pension Transactions Through MyPBA
MyPBA is PBGC's secure online service that lets you handle certain common transactions with PBGC.
Who can use MyPBA?
- You can use MyPBA if PBGC is the trustee of your pension plan. And your plan's information is loaded into our database. This can be a complicated process. You won't be able to use MyPBA until several months after we take responsibility for your plan.
- You can use MyPBA even if you haven't started to get your monthly benefit from PBGC.
What do I need to sign up?
- Your valid Social Security Number
- Your current email address
- The PBGC case number of your pension plan (if you have multiple plans, you need only one).
When can I open an account?
- You can create your personal MyPBA Login as soon as we have acquired your plan's information and finished loading it into our database.
- It typically takes several months to set up the database for your account.
- If you try to open an account too soon, you will get a message that we were unable to find a match for you.
- You can find the status of your plan by using the Trusteed Plan Search if you attempt but are unable to create a login due to no match to the plan name or case number.
How do I set up an account?
- Go to https://mypba.pbgc.gov.
- Select the link on the right, "Create Your MyPBA Login", and follow three easy steps.
- You can view or print the step-by-step instructions for creating a new MyPBA Login.
- If you have any problems opening an account, call our Customer Contact Center at 1-800-400-7242.