Our blog, Retirement Matters, is one of the ways we communicate to share important updates and information. Be sure to subscribe now to stay in the know.
You are here
Retirement matters Blog
Sign Up For Email Updates
November 19, 2013
PBGC will pay retirement benefits for over 4,100 current and future retirees of Journal Register Company, a leader in local news and information in 10 states.
November 18, 2013
PBGC's FY2013 Annual Report, released Friday, provides a detailed summary of our year — both successes and areas for improvement.
November 6, 2013
Beginning in 2014, the maximum yearly guarantee for a 65-year-old retiree will be almost $59,320 – a 3.2% increase from the $57,500 rate in 2013.
November 4, 2013
PBGC will pay retirement benefits for nearly 580 current and future retirees of Pennfield Corp., an animal feed mill based in Lancaster, Pa.
October 24, 2013
There's a growing trend among employers who want to exit the pension game.
October 23, 2013
Working always has been a privilege and an honor for me. From the moment I was legally able, which in my case was the age of 13, I have held a job.
National Save for Retirement Week: Get Your Retirement Savings Started with 10 Percent of Your IncomeOctober 22, 2013
Confused about saving for retirement? Or have you been procrastinating on getting started? Here's a recommendation on how to begin.
October 17, 2013
Who's participating in National Save for Retirement Week? We are!
October 11, 2013
Updated on 10/17/2013
October 9, 2013
October 2, 2013
As we've previously mentioned on Retirement Matters, PBGC is not affected by the federal government shutdown.
- Hot off the Press: Our 2018 Annual Report! Here's the key highlight: The Single-Employer & Multiemployer Programs s… t.co/k5sWnSYmYJ
- Ayer publicamos nuestro boletín de jubilados para 2018. Ahora disponible en español. Lea aquí:… t.co/rxHTCDK4tQ
- ICYMI: @USDOL released advance informational copies of the 2018 Form 5500 Annual Return/Report. FYI - The "Changes… t.co/UsxgH8k8nL
- Our annual retiree newsletter is now available. In this issue, we're covering topics such as signing up for direct… t.co/fJsUVao74N
- ICYMI: We recently announced new leadership appointments in our Office of Benefits Administration.… t.co/hb2He2YZRb