You are here
Retirement matters Blog
SIGN UP FOR BLOG UPDATES
November 21, 2013
Case Study — Furniture Brands Retirement Plan
November 20, 2013
The retirement crisis is real and growing as millions of workers have less access to employer-sponsored plans and are saving less money.
November 19, 2013
PBGC will pay retirement benefits for over 4,100 current and future retirees of Journal Register Company, a leader in local news and information in 10 states.
November 18, 2013
PBGC's FY2013 Annual Report, released Friday, provides a detailed summary of our year — both successes and areas for improvement.
November 6, 2013
Beginning in 2014, the maximum yearly guarantee for a 65-year-old retiree will be almost $59,320 – a 3.2% increase from the $57,500 rate in 2013.
November 4, 2013
PBGC will pay retirement benefits for nearly 580 current and future retirees of Pennfield Corp., an animal feed mill based in Lancaster, Pa.
October 24, 2013
There's a growing trend among employers who want to exit the pension game.
October 23, 2013
Working always has been a privilege and an honor for me. From the moment I was legally able, which in my case was the age of 13, I have held a job.
National Save for Retirement Week: Get Your Retirement Savings Started with 10 Percent of Your IncomeOctober 22, 2013
Confused about saving for retirement? Or have you been procrastinating on getting started? Here's a recommendation on how to begin.
October 17, 2013
Who's participating in National Save for Retirement Week? We are!
October 11, 2013
Updated on 10/17/2013
- The monthly #InterestRateUpdate Summary for May is now available. Check it out: t.co/krNVngw9B0
- Live on Capitol Hill: @USPBGC Director Tom Reeder testifies before the Joint Select Committee on the Solvency of Mu… t.co/2vBZb9yzw2
- The monthly #InterestRateUpdate Summary for February is now available: t.co/P0xl5mxJlr t.co/dxlmyVTJq8
- ICYMI: @USPBGC Inspector General Robert Westbrooks was recently featured on @GovMattersTV news program. To hear mor… t.co/Bj2fsotGVh
- @USPBGC is open for business. Read our latest #RetirementMatters blog post for more info: t.co/46whTtYzig