Our blog, Retirement Matters, is one of the ways we communicate to share important updates and information. Be sure to subscribe now to stay in the know.
You are here
Retirement matters Blog
Sign Up For Email Updates
February 4, 2014
By now, you have probably received your Form 1099-R from us.
January 29, 2014
In his fifth State of the Union address, President Barack Obama urged Congress to help restore opportunity for Americans, but pledged to take action himself.
January 9, 2014
If you receive a retirement benefit from PBGC, all or some of the money may be taxable.
January 8, 2014
The beginning of a new year typically means the onset of new goals and perhaps the continuation of last year's resolutions.
December 23, 2013
PBGC works to ensure that people who get benefits from us receive them on time — by the first of the month.
December 16, 2013
On June 26, 2013, the Supreme Court ruled that Section 3 of the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) is unconstitutional.
December 11, 2013
New research from the National Institute on Retirement Security (NIRS) examines racial disparities in retirement readiness among working-age Americans and households.
December 4, 2013
The legislation that authorizes the Health Coverage Tax Credit (HCTC) expires January 1, 2014, and the tax credit will no longer be available.
November 21, 2013
Case Study — Furniture Brands Retirement Plan
November 20, 2013
The retirement crisis is real and growing as millions of workers have less access to employer-sponsored plans and are saving less money.
November 19, 2013
PBGC will pay retirement benefits for over 4,100 current and future retirees of Journal Register Company, a leader in local news and information in 10 states.
- @inalajan Hi Cathy - PBGC data sets are facts and figures related to our operations. For example, one of our data s… t.co/HPCgBWnJm5
- It's the final day of #OpenGovWeek and we've published our new #OpenGovernment plan, aka 5.0. Check it out now!… t.co/h4g3WuVldm
- #QOTD: Which PBGC service would you like to use on your mobile device? Have feedback? Please direct it to Opengov@p… t.co/9ZxiNIQmCX
- #QOTD: Which PBGC online service or data would you like to be easier to use? Have feedback? Please direct feedback… t.co/VUnyrAdw6p
- PBGC strives to promote transparency, participation & collaboration in support of an open government. Consider the… t.co/cSDeDAqmVy