You are here
Retirement matters Blog
SIGN UP FOR BLOG UPDATES
February 10, 2014
We at the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation challenge each other each day to better serve the public in every way possible.
February 5, 2014
PBGC will pay retirement benefits for more than 4,400 current and future retirees of Constar Inc., a plastic container manufacturer based in Trevose, Pa.
February 4, 2014
By now, you have probably received your Form 1099-R from us.
January 29, 2014
In his fifth State of the Union address, President Barack Obama urged Congress to help restore opportunity for Americans, but pledged to take action himself.
January 9, 2014
If you receive a retirement benefit from PBGC, all or some of the money may be taxable.
January 8, 2014
The beginning of a new year typically means the onset of new goals and perhaps the continuation of last year's resolutions.
December 23, 2013
PBGC works to ensure that people who get benefits from us receive them on time — by the first of the month.
December 16, 2013
On June 26, 2013, the Supreme Court ruled that Section 3 of the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) is unconstitutional.
December 11, 2013
New research from the National Institute on Retirement Security (NIRS) examines racial disparities in retirement readiness among working-age Americans and households.
December 4, 2013
The legislation that authorizes the Health Coverage Tax Credit (HCTC) expires January 1, 2014, and the tax credit will no longer be available.
November 21, 2013
Case Study — Furniture Brands Retirement Plan
- The monthly #InterestRateUpdate Summary for February is now available: t.co/P0xl5mxJlr t.co/dxlmyVTJq8
- ICYMI: @USPBGC Inspector General Robert Westbrooks was recently featured on @GovMattersTV news program. To hear mor… t.co/Bj2fsotGVh
- @USPBGC is open for business. Read our latest #RetirementMatters blog post for more info: t.co/46whTtYzig
- ICYMI, @USPBGC published its monthly #InterestRateUpdate summary for January. Read more here: t.co/VGS8W1G1h5.
- From the @USPBGC newsroom: We're expanding our Missing Participants Program to include terminated 401(k) and other… t.co/Hvl4WLEXhN