You are here
Retirement matters Blog
SIGN UP FOR BLOG UPDATES
January 8, 2014
The beginning of a new year typically means the onset of new goals and perhaps the continuation of last year's resolutions.
December 23, 2013
PBGC works to ensure that people who get benefits from us receive them on time — by the first of the month.
December 16, 2013
On June 26, 2013, the Supreme Court ruled that Section 3 of the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) is unconstitutional.
December 11, 2013
New research from the National Institute on Retirement Security (NIRS) examines racial disparities in retirement readiness among working-age Americans and households.
December 4, 2013
The legislation that authorizes the Health Coverage Tax Credit (HCTC) expires January 1, 2014, and the tax credit will no longer be available.
November 21, 2013
Case Study — Furniture Brands Retirement Plan
November 20, 2013
The retirement crisis is real and growing as millions of workers have less access to employer-sponsored plans and are saving less money.
November 19, 2013
PBGC will pay retirement benefits for over 4,100 current and future retirees of Journal Register Company, a leader in local news and information in 10 states.
November 18, 2013
PBGC's FY2013 Annual Report, released Friday, provides a detailed summary of our year — both successes and areas for improvement.
November 6, 2013
Beginning in 2014, the maximum yearly guarantee for a 65-year-old retiree will be almost $59,320 – a 3.2% increase from the $57,500 rate in 2013.
November 4, 2013
PBGC will pay retirement benefits for nearly 580 current and future retirees of Pennfield Corp., an animal feed mill based in Lancaster, Pa.
- @USPBGC published the FY 2016 Projections Report. t.co/0OeKiScdVI t.co/pg5FMrLJfy
- We want to hear from you: A draft of our FY 2018-2022 Strategic Plan is up on t.co/nvftKz0jQx. More info: t.co/2rg0llk1c0
- ICYMI, @USPBGC published a RFI seeking input on what regulatory/ deregulatory actions it should pursue. More info: t.co/kkNO6M46tN
- The monthly #InterestRateUpdate for June is now available. Check it out: t.co/9vU3vQJUJf
- Did you catch our monthly #InterestRateUpdate? Here it is, ICYMI: t.co/9vU3vQJUJf t.co/rONF2XQieJ