You are here
Retirement matters Blog
SIGN UP FOR BLOG UPDATES
December 16, 2013
On June 26, 2013, the Supreme Court ruled that Section 3 of the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) is unconstitutional.
December 11, 2013
New research from the National Institute on Retirement Security (NIRS) examines racial disparities in retirement readiness among working-age Americans and households.
December 4, 2013
The legislation that authorizes the Health Coverage Tax Credit (HCTC) expires January 1, 2014, and the tax credit will no longer be available.
November 21, 2013
Case Study — Furniture Brands Retirement Plan
November 20, 2013
The retirement crisis is real and growing as millions of workers have less access to employer-sponsored plans and are saving less money.
November 19, 2013
PBGC will pay retirement benefits for over 4,100 current and future retirees of Journal Register Company, a leader in local news and information in 10 states.
November 18, 2013
PBGC's FY2013 Annual Report, released Friday, provides a detailed summary of our year — both successes and areas for improvement.
November 6, 2013
Beginning in 2014, the maximum yearly guarantee for a 65-year-old retiree will be almost $59,320 – a 3.2% increase from the $57,500 rate in 2013.
November 4, 2013
PBGC will pay retirement benefits for nearly 580 current and future retirees of Pennfield Corp., an animal feed mill based in Lancaster, Pa.
October 24, 2013
There's a growing trend among employers who want to exit the pension game.
October 23, 2013
Working always has been a privilege and an honor for me. From the moment I was legally able, which in my case was the age of 13, I have held a job.
- The monthly #InterestRateUpdate for June is now available. Check it out: t.co/9vU3vQJUJf
- Did you catch our monthly #InterestRateUpdate? Here it is, ICYMI: t.co/9vU3vQJUJf t.co/rONF2XQieJ
- In response to stakeholder feedback, we have posted a new set of Risk Mitigation and Early Warning Program FAQs: t.co/oddMeYBRvr
- We’ve updated our website, t.co/nvftKz0jQx. It has a cleaner look and feel. Go check it out! #digitalgov… t.co/K0fFBcLXP6
- April's monthly #InterestRateUpdate is now available. Check it out now: t.co/xwvpf8ZjOg t.co/U5CHPhcljM