Our blog, Retirement Matters, is one of the ways we communicate to share important updates and information. Be sure to subscribe now to stay in the know.
You are here
Retirement matters Blog
Sign Up For Email Updates
April 15, 2014
In the recently published article "Thought Secure, Pooled Pensions Teeter and Fall," New York Times reporter Mary Williams Walsh gets candid commentary from PBGC Director...
April 10, 2014
While we'd hope that you're using every day of every week to plan for your retirement, this week, April 7–11, 2014, has been designated as National Retirement Planning...
April 2, 2014
Created in 2004 by the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans (IFEBP), National Employee Benefits Day is nationally recognized on April 2.
March 26, 2014
Did you recently receive an Annual Funding Notice? Wondering what it means?
March 25, 2014
In its 40-year history, PBGC has had 14 agency directors, including current Director Josh Gotbaum. One among them stands out, however.
March 20, 2014
Every March we celebrate the profound impact women continue to have on American and world history.
March 14, 2014
PBGC was just getting started when Vietnam was winding down, President Nixon resigned, the NFL granted a franchise to Seattle, and Americans preferred avocado green...
February 27, 2014
The United States maintained its retirement security ranking at 19th — the same from last year — among 150 nations analyzed by Natixis Global Retirement Index.
February 21, 2014
February 10, 2014
We at the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation challenge each other each day to better serve the public in every way possible.
February 5, 2014
PBGC will pay retirement benefits for more than 4,400 current and future retirees of Constar Inc., a plastic container manufacturer based in Trevose, Pa.
- Just in: PBGC to Pay Pension Benefits for Employees and Retirees at Sears and Kmart | t.co/7Lgl85zy8E t.co/27JFqsxnlr
- Due to inclement weather in the Washington, DC area, all PBGC offices are closed Monday, January 14. Head over to… t.co/o08vZ02jFI
- New on t.co/nvftKz0jQx: Annual Update of Maximum Civil Monetary Penalty Federal law requires that PBGC ame… t.co/wwuMUmo3a8
- PBGC Operations During a Government Shutdown: During a partial federal government shutdown, all PBGC offices, inclu… t.co/R2vBQP2y6y
- 🚨Federal Government Closure🚨 All PBGC offices will be closed on Monday, December 24, 2018. We will resume normal op… t.co/AE1A0Frtuv