You are here
Retirement matters Blog
SIGN UP FOR BLOG UPDATES
August 22, 2014
In a recent
August 19, 2014
Robert E. Nagle, who served as PBGC's executive director from 1979-1982, died on Saturday, Aug. 16, 2014, at his home in McLean, Va., at the age of 84.
July 29, 2014
PBGC will pay retirement benefits for 2,101 people covered by the APL/NVF Consolidated Pension Plan, which is sponsored by the estate of businessman Victor Posner.
July 17, 2014
PBGC runs two insurance programs that safeguard retirement benefits in different ways.
July 8, 2014
The news isn't good for 1.5 million people across the country in a swath of multiemployer plans.
Report: Financial Condition of Single-Employer Plans Seen to Improve; Benefits of 1.5M People at Risk in Multiemployer PlansJune 30, 2014
Despite substantial economic and market gains, multiemployer pension plans covering about 1.5 million people are severely underfunded, threatening benefit cuts for...
June 19, 2014
If PBGC is responsible for your pension benefit, the easiest way to transact business with us is through MyPBA, our secure online service.
New AARP Survey Assesses the Issues that Matter Most to African-Americans 50+; Retirement Security at the ForefrontJune 9, 2014
A new AARP survey shows that health care, education, financial security and the digital divide are among the most important social issues for African-Americans ages 50...
May 27, 2014
In part two of the Fox Business two-part series "Nationwide Retirement Crisis," PBGC Director Josh Gotbaum says millions of Americans have no retirement savings, calling...
May 22, 2014
If you're a participant in a National Steel pension plan, you may have received a communication claiming that PBGC is conducting a general review of the benefit amounts...
May 22, 2014
PBGC will pay retirement benefits for more than 1,400 current and future retirees of Interfaith Medical Center, which operates a 287-bed hospital in Brooklyn, N.Y.
- The monthly #InterestRateUpdate Summary for May is now available. Check it out: t.co/krNVngw9B0
- Live on Capitol Hill: @USPBGC Director Tom Reeder testifies before the Joint Select Committee on the Solvency of Mu… t.co/2vBZb9yzw2
- The monthly #InterestRateUpdate Summary for February is now available: t.co/P0xl5mxJlr t.co/dxlmyVTJq8
- ICYMI: @USPBGC Inspector General Robert Westbrooks was recently featured on @GovMattersTV news program. To hear mor… t.co/Bj2fsotGVh
- @USPBGC is open for business. Read our latest #RetirementMatters blog post for more info: t.co/46whTtYzig