Our blog, Retirement Matters, is one of the ways we communicate to share important updates and information. Be sure to subscribe now to stay in the know.
You are here
Retirement matters Blog
Sign Up For Email Updates
July 17, 2014
PBGC runs two insurance programs that safeguard retirement benefits in different ways.
July 8, 2014
The news isn't good for 1.5 million people across the country in a swath of multiemployer plans.
Report: Financial Condition of Single-Employer Plans Seen to Improve; Benefits of 1.5M People at Risk in Multiemployer PlansJune 30, 2014
Despite substantial economic and market gains, multiemployer pension plans covering about 1.5 million people are severely underfunded, threatening benefit cuts for...
June 19, 2014
If PBGC is responsible for your pension benefit, the easiest way to transact business with us is through MyPBA, our secure online service.
New AARP Survey Assesses the Issues that Matter Most to African-Americans 50+; Retirement Security at the ForefrontJune 9, 2014
A new AARP survey shows that health care, education, financial security and the digital divide are among the most important social issues for African-Americans ages 50...
May 27, 2014
In part two of the Fox Business two-part series "Nationwide Retirement Crisis," PBGC Director Josh Gotbaum says millions of Americans have no retirement savings, calling...
May 22, 2014
If you're a participant in a National Steel pension plan, you may have received a communication claiming that PBGC is conducting a general review of the benefit amounts...
May 22, 2014
PBGC will pay retirement benefits for more than 1,400 current and future retirees of Interfaith Medical Center, which operates a 287-bed hospital in Brooklyn, N.Y.
May 19, 2014
In part one of a two-part series, "Insuring Private Pensions," Fox Business reporter Adam Shapiro and Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation Director Josh Gotbaum, discuss...
May 7, 2014
From the Pension Rights Center:
May 5, 2014
The best time to start thinking about and saving for retirement is always right now.
- Just in: PBGC to Pay Pension Benefits for Employees and Retirees at Sears and Kmart | t.co/7Lgl85zy8E t.co/27JFqsxnlr
- Due to inclement weather in the Washington, DC area, all PBGC offices are closed Monday, January 14. Head over to… t.co/o08vZ02jFI
- New on t.co/nvftKz0jQx: Annual Update of Maximum Civil Monetary Penalty Federal law requires that PBGC ame… t.co/wwuMUmo3a8
- PBGC Operations During a Government Shutdown: During a partial federal government shutdown, all PBGC offices, inclu… t.co/R2vBQP2y6y
- 🚨Federal Government Closure🚨 All PBGC offices will be closed on Monday, December 24, 2018. We will resume normal op… t.co/AE1A0Frtuv