You are here
Retirement matters Blog
SIGN UP FOR BLOG UPDATES
June 15, 2015
Today, the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation published a request for proposals under a pilot program for smaller asset managers. Proposals are due by Aug.
June 5, 2015
The vital role PBGC plays in providing retirement security is highlighted in our 2014 state-by-state pension plan information.
April 13, 2015
Here at PBGC, it's our hope that you're using every week to plan for your retirement. But if not, this week, April 13 - 17, is a good time to start.
March 11, 2015
Study: PBGC’s Guarantees For People in Multiemployer Plans Will Cover a Smaller Share of Benefits for Plans that Run out of Money in the Future
February 23, 2015
Welcome to America Saves Week.
February 4, 2015
PBGC will pay retirement benefits for more than 1,600 current and future retirees at Hovensa LLC, which owns an oil refinery and oil storage terminal in the U.S.
January 20, 2015
Do you receive a benefit from PBGC? If so, all or a portion of your benefit may be taxable.
December 1, 2014
Last Friday marked the official start of the 2014 holiday shopping season.
November 18, 2014
On Sept. 2, 2014, PBGC celebrated its 40th year of protecting pensions.
November 7, 2014
William Matthew DeHarde, who served as PBGC's deputy executive director and chief of staff, died on Monday, Oct. 27, 2014 in his home in Arlington, Va., at the age of 81...
October 27, 2014
PBGC will pay retirement benefits for nearly 1,400 current and future retirees at White Rose Inc., an independent food wholesaler based in Carteret, N.J.
- The monthly #InterestRateUpdate Summary for February is now available: t.co/P0xl5mxJlr t.co/dxlmyVTJq8
- ICYMI: @USPBGC Inspector General Robert Westbrooks was recently featured on @GovMattersTV news program. To hear mor… t.co/Bj2fsotGVh
- @USPBGC is open for business. Read our latest #RetirementMatters blog post for more info: t.co/46whTtYzig
- ICYMI, @USPBGC published its monthly #InterestRateUpdate summary for January. Read more here: t.co/VGS8W1G1h5.
- From the @USPBGC newsroom: We're expanding our Missing Participants Program to include terminated 401(k) and other… t.co/Hvl4WLEXhN