Our blog, Retirement Matters, is one of the ways we communicate to share important updates and information. Be sure to subscribe now to stay in the know.
You are here
Retirement matters Blog
Sign Up For Email Updates
March 14, 2012
March 12, 2012
It’s time to face retirement realities, PBGC Director Josh Gotbaum writes in the March 11 issue of Long Island’s Newsday.
March 7, 2012
Today marked a big victory for American Airlines’ workers and retirees. American has reversed course and decided to keep the pension plans of its non-pilot employees.
March 6, 2012
Great news: Americans are living longer. Unfortunately pensions haven’t kept up, and people are rightly worried about retirement.
March 6, 2012
Thanks for visiting PBGC’s brand-new blog.
First, we know some of you are asking: Why does PBGC need a blog?
- Just in: PBGC to Pay Pension Benefits for Employees and Retirees at Sears and Kmart | t.co/7Lgl85zy8E t.co/27JFqsxnlr
- Due to inclement weather in the Washington, DC area, all PBGC offices are closed Monday, January 14. Head over to… t.co/o08vZ02jFI
- New on t.co/nvftKz0jQx: Annual Update of Maximum Civil Monetary Penalty Federal law requires that PBGC ame… t.co/wwuMUmo3a8
- PBGC Operations During a Government Shutdown: During a partial federal government shutdown, all PBGC offices, inclu… t.co/R2vBQP2y6y
- 🚨Federal Government Closure🚨 All PBGC offices will be closed on Monday, December 24, 2018. We will resume normal op… t.co/AE1A0Frtuv