You are here
Retirement matters Blog
SIGN UP FOR BLOG UPDATES
January 19, 2018
In the event of a federal government shutdown, PBGC will remain open for business and benefit payments will continue to be made on time.
November 28, 2017
PBGC will pay retirement benefits for more than 600 current and future retirees of the Public Service Insurance Company, a Chicago, Illinois-based property and casualty...
August 9, 2017
PBGC recently issued our FY 2016 Projections Report, which forecasts the future financial status of our Multiemployer and Sing
February 17, 2017
Did you know that PBGC paid more than $5.6 billion (that’s “billion” with a “b”) to 840,000 reti
September 6, 2016
PBGC will pay retirement benefits for more than 900 current and future retirees of Vertellus Specialties Inc., a ma
October 14, 2015
October 8, 2015
"It's an honor for me to become PBGC's next Director. I've spent most of my professional life helping employers start and maintain retirement plans.
August 31, 2015
PBGC will pay retirement benefits for more than 8,500 current and future retirees of The Stanreco Retirement Plan, a pension plan sponsored by Standard Register Co., a...
August 5, 2015
Regina T. Jefferson is the newest member of PBGC's Advisory Committee; she was nominated by President Obama on July 15.
July 8, 2015
On June 29, President Obama signed legislation to extend the Health Coverage Tax Credit (HCTC) through Dec. 31, 2019.
June 15, 2015
Today, the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation published a request for proposals under a pilot program for smaller asset managers. Proposals are due by Aug.
- The monthly #InterestRateUpdate Summary for May is now available. Check it out: t.co/krNVngw9B0
- Live on Capitol Hill: @USPBGC Director Tom Reeder testifies before the Joint Select Committee on the Solvency of Mu… t.co/2vBZb9yzw2
- The monthly #InterestRateUpdate Summary for February is now available: t.co/P0xl5mxJlr t.co/dxlmyVTJq8
- ICYMI: @USPBGC Inspector General Robert Westbrooks was recently featured on @GovMattersTV news program. To hear mor… t.co/Bj2fsotGVh
- @USPBGC is open for business. Read our latest #RetirementMatters blog post for more info: t.co/46whTtYzig