Our blog, Retirement Matters, is one of the ways we communicate to share important updates and information. Be sure to subscribe now to stay in the know.
You are here
Retirement matters Blog
Sign Up For Email Updates
August 9, 2017
PBGC recently issued our FY 2016 Projections Report, which forecasts the future financial status of our Multiemployer and Sing
July 26, 2017
PBGC wants to hear from you! Help us develop a better and more responsive regulatory structure.
May 17, 2017
Did you know that, in 2016, PBGC paid out about $5.6 billion in pension benefits to nearly 861,000 retirees in failed single-employer plans?
May 5, 2017
We are pleased to announce the launch of our redesigned website, PBGC.gov. We’ve listened to your feedback, and based our new design on your input.
January 4, 2017
The Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation has issued a request for information (RFI).
December 27, 2016
Since January 1, 2017 falls on a Sunday and January 2, 2017 is an observed Federal holiday, participants will not receive a pension benefit by direct deposit until...
December 23, 2016
Good news! You can now call the IRS's toll free number for assistance on how to claim your Health Coverage Tax Credit.
December 15, 2016
Many of us have friends or family members who have been targeted by a fraud or a scam, or maybe it has even happened to you personally.
August 22, 2016
Our customer surveys show us that many visitors to pbgc.gov are looking for an estimate of their retirement benefit.
June 20, 2016
PBGC runs two pension insurance programs: single-employer and multiemployer.
December 9, 2015
PBGC actuaries completed a study of risk transfer eve
- Are you a #TechnologyDriver? Have implementation ideas about #NextGen equipment, processes and techniques? If so, P… t.co/90x0P2de5A
- A+ agency, seeking A+ talent. We're recruiting our #TripleAs: >Auditors >Actuaries >Accountants Want to work for a… t.co/lqQpf24CyP
- @MartinDoro1 Hello, Martin: Please call our Customer Contact Center for info about your pension plan at 1-800-400-7… t.co/gHDVX6XRBj
- @inalajan Hi Cathy - PBGC data sets are facts and figures related to our operations. For example, one of our data s… t.co/HPCgBWnJm5
- It's the final day of #OpenGovWeek and we've published our new #OpenGovernment plan, aka 5.0. Check it out now!… t.co/h4g3WuVldm