You are here
Retirement matters Blog
SIGN UP FOR BLOG UPDATES
May 17, 2017
Did you know that, in 2016, PBGC paid out about $5.6 billion in pension benefits to nearly 861,000 retirees in failed single-employer plans?
May 5, 2017
We are pleased to announce the launch of our redesigned website, PBGC.gov. We’ve listened to your feedback, and based our new design on your input.
January 4, 2017
The Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation has issued a request for information (RFI).
December 27, 2016...
December 23, 2016
Good news! You can now call the IRS's toll free number for assistance on how to claim your Health Coverage Tax Credit.
December 15, 2016
Many of us have friends or family members who have been targeted by a fraud or a scam, or maybe it has even happened to you personally.
August 22, 2016
Our customer surveys show us that many visitors to pbgc.gov are looking for an estimate of their retirement benefit.
June 20, 2016
PBGC runs two pension insurance programs: single-employer and multiemployer.
December 9, 2015
PBGC actuaries completed a study of risk transfer eve
October 19, 2015
In case you missed it, we’ve added five new data sets to our Open Government webpage since our last post:
October 8, 2015
"It's an honor for me to become PBGC's next Director. I've spent most of my professional life helping employers start and maintain retirement plans.
- The monthly #InterestRateUpdate for June is now available. Check it out: t.co/9vU3vQJUJf
- Did you catch our monthly #InterestRateUpdate? Here it is, ICYMI: t.co/9vU3vQJUJf t.co/rONF2XQieJ
- In response to stakeholder feedback, we have posted a new set of Risk Mitigation and Early Warning Program FAQs: t.co/oddMeYBRvr
- We’ve updated our website, t.co/nvftKz0jQx. It has a cleaner look and feel. Go check it out! #digitalgov… t.co/K0fFBcLXP6
- April's monthly #InterestRateUpdate is now available. Check it out now: t.co/xwvpf8ZjOg t.co/U5CHPhcljM