You are here
Retirement matters Blog
SIGN UP FOR BLOG UPDATES
August 22, 2016
Our customer surveys show us that many visitors to pbgc.gov are looking for an estimate of their retirement benefit.
October 14, 2015
July 8, 2015
On June 29, President Obama signed legislation to extend the Health Coverage Tax Credit (HCTC) through Dec. 31, 2019.
April 13, 2015
Here at PBGC, it's our hope that you're using every week to plan for your retirement. But if not, this week, April 13 - 17, is a good time to start.
January 20, 2015
Do you receive a benefit from PBGC? If so, all or a portion of your benefit may be taxable.
November 18, 2014
On Sept. 2, 2014, PBGC celebrated its 40th year of protecting pensions.
October 21, 2014
That's right, National Save for Retirement Week is here!
July 29, 2014
PBGC will pay retirement benefits for 2,101 people covered by the APL/NVF Consolidated Pension Plan, which is sponsored by the estate of businessman Victor Posner.
July 17, 2014
PBGC runs two insurance programs that safeguard retirement benefits in different ways.
Report: Financial Condition of Single-Employer Plans Seen to Improve; Benefits of 1.5M People at Risk in Multiemployer PlansJune 30, 2014
Despite substantial economic and market gains, multiemployer pension plans covering about 1.5 million people are severely underfunded, threatening benefit cuts for...
New AARP Survey Assesses the Issues that Matter Most to African-Americans 50+; Retirement Security at the ForefrontJune 9, 2014
A new AARP survey shows that health care, education, financial security and the digital divide are among the most important social issues for African-Americans ages 50...
- The monthly #InterestRateUpdate Summary for February is now available: t.co/P0xl5mxJlr t.co/dxlmyVTJq8
- ICYMI: @USPBGC Inspector General Robert Westbrooks was recently featured on @GovMattersTV news program. To hear mor… t.co/Bj2fsotGVh
- @USPBGC is open for business. Read our latest #RetirementMatters blog post for more info: t.co/46whTtYzig
- ICYMI, @USPBGC published its monthly #InterestRateUpdate summary for January. Read more here: t.co/VGS8W1G1h5.
- From the @USPBGC newsroom: We're expanding our Missing Participants Program to include terminated 401(k) and other… t.co/Hvl4WLEXhN