You are here
Retirement matters Blog
August 9, 2017
PBGC recently issued our FY 2016 Projections Report, which forecasts the future financial status of our Multiemployer and Sing
July 26, 2017
PBGC wants to hear from you! Help us develop a better and more responsive regulatory structure.
May 17, 2017
Did you know that, in 2016, PBGC paid out about $5.6 billion in pension benefits to nearly 861,000 retirees in failed single-employer plans?
May 5, 2017
We are pleased to announce the launch of our redesigned website, PBGC.gov. We’ve listened to your feedback, and based our new design on your input.
January 4, 2017
The Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation has issued a request for information (RFI).
December 27, 2016
Since January 1, 2017 falls on a Sunday and January 2, 2017 is an observed Federal holiday, participants will not receive a pension benefit by direct deposit until...
August 22, 2016
Our customer surveys show us that many visitors to pbgc.gov are looking for an estimate of their retirement benefit.
July 22, 2016
Last month we issued two reports: Projections Report (PDF) and
December 9, 2015
PBGC actuaries completed a study of risk transfer eve
October 19, 2015
In case you missed it, we’ve added five new data sets to our Open Government webpage since our last post:
October 8, 2015
"It's an honor for me to become PBGC's next Director. I've spent most of my professional life helping employers start and maintain retirement plans.
- All PBGC offices are closed in observance of #MemorialDay. We’ll reopen Tuesday, May 26. t.co/EsszjPg9Mz
- We recently announced that PBGC will assume responsibility for: ➡️Robert W. Minners Associates, Ltd. Pension Plan… t.co/GgJzOIrqQL
- #DYK our Customer Contact Center is open from 8 a.m. – 7 p.m., ET, Monday – Friday (except federal holidays)? Here’… t.co/Zuz90XYuI1
- PBGC’s #cybersecurity team protects the integrity of our infrastructure and business systems. Want to join our team… t.co/0E0tylBcXg
- PBGC is thinking about the brave medical professionals, first responders, caregivers, and others on the front lines… t.co/rhHxO6EZcj