You are here
Retirement matters Blog
SIGN UP FOR BLOG UPDATES
August 9, 2017
PBGC recently issued our FY 2016 Projections Report, which forecasts the future financial status of our Multiemployer and Sing
July 26, 2017
PBGC wants to hear from you! Help us develop a better and more responsive regulatory structure.
May 17, 2017
Did you know that, in 2016, PBGC paid out about $5.6 billion in pension benefits to nearly 861,000 retirees in failed single-employer plans?
May 5, 2017
We are pleased to announce the launch of our redesigned website, PBGC.gov. We’ve listened to your feedback, and based our new design on your input.
January 4, 2017
The Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation has issued a request for information (RFI).
December 27, 2016
Since January 1, 2017 falls on a Sunday and January 2, 2017 is an observed Federal holiday, participants will not receive a pension benefit by direct deposit until...
December 23, 2016
Good news! You can now call the IRS's toll free number for assistance on how to claim your Health Coverage Tax Credit.
December 15, 2016
Many of us have friends or family members who have been targeted by a fraud or a scam, or maybe it has even happened to you personally.
August 22, 2016
Our customer surveys show us that many visitors to pbgc.gov are looking for an estimate of their retirement benefit.
June 20, 2016
PBGC runs two pension insurance programs: single-employer and multiemployer.
December 9, 2015
PBGC actuaries completed a study of risk transfer eve
- The monthly #InterestRateUpdate Summary for February is now available: t.co/P0xl5mxJlr t.co/dxlmyVTJq8
- ICYMI: @USPBGC Inspector General Robert Westbrooks was recently featured on @GovMattersTV news program. To hear mor… t.co/Bj2fsotGVh
- @USPBGC is open for business. Read our latest #RetirementMatters blog post for more info: t.co/46whTtYzig
- ICYMI, @USPBGC published its monthly #InterestRateUpdate summary for January. Read more here: t.co/VGS8W1G1h5.
- From the @USPBGC newsroom: We're expanding our Missing Participants Program to include terminated 401(k) and other… t.co/Hvl4WLEXhN