Steps to a New MyPBA Account
MyPBA is our secure online service that lets you handle certain common transactions with PBGC. You can sign up after your trusteed pension plan's information is loaded into our database, typically several months after we take responsibility for your plan.
Here's how to sign up:
- Go to https://mypba.pbgc.gov
- Click on "Create Your MyPBA Login" to get started.
- Enter your first name, last name, Social Security Number and PBGC case number assigned to your plan.
If you get a screen saying that MyPBA did not find a match, the values entered for your first or last name, Social Security Number entered and/or plan case number do not exactly match the values in our database or it may mean that your plan information is not ready in our database. If you need assistance, call our Customer Contact Center at 1-800-400-7242.
- Enter your personal information, including an e-mail address
- Create your own User ID and password
- Select a secret question from the list provided and enter your answer.
- Review your current information.
- Finish the account creation process by entering your password and clicking on the Secure Login button.
- Once logged in, if there are any items needing your attention, they will appear in the Alert Message Center at the top of the MyPBA My Plan(s) page.