Steps to a New MyPBA Account
MyPBA is our secure online service that lets you handle certain common transactions with PBGC. You can sign up after your trusteed pension plan's information is loaded into our database, typically several months after we take responsibility for your plan.
Here's how to sign up:
- Go to www.pbgc.gov/mypba
- Click on "Apply for an Account" to get started (or, click "Show Me How" for tips and more information)
- Enter your pension case name or the PBGC case number assigned to your plan
Click on "Show Me How" for tips and more information
If you get a screen saying your plan name or case number does not have a match, it means your plan information is not ready in our database. If you need assistance, call our Customer Contact Center at 1-800-400-7242.
- Enter your personal information, including an e-mail address
- Create your own User ID and password
- Select a secret question from the list provided and enter your answer.
- Review your current information.
- Click on the "Go to My PBA Login" button to log into My PBA and activate your new account
- Log in to www.pbgc.gov/mypba using your unique user ID and password you established during the application process
- Review and update your personal information. When you activate your account, you may be prompted onscreen for information to update PBGC's records
- Go to your personalized MyPBA account home page to begin using your account