MyPBA HELPIndex | Print | Close

IRS Income Tax Forms: 1099-R and 1042-S

If you receive a benefit from PBGC, we report the amount annually to the IRS.

For income tax purposes, each January PBGC will send you an IRS Form 1099-R or form 1042-S that states the amount we paid you the previous year. If you need a Form 1099-R or 1042-S for the most recent tax year and haven’t received it, PBGC will get you one.

How to Obtain Your 1099-R or 1042-S From PBGC:

  1. Use MyPBA, PBGC’s online service, to view and print a copy of your tax form for the most recent tax year.
  2. After you login, under the menu "My Plan Options", select the link "Your Tax Forms". If you are a member of multiple plans, the "Your Tax Forms" link will appear after you select a plan.


  1. Call PBGC's Customer Contact Center to request a form by mail.
    1. The number is 1-800-400-7242.
    2. For TTY/ASCII (American Standard Code for Information Interchange) users, call the federal relay service toll-free at 1-800-877-8339 and ask to be connected to the number above.
    3. Please have your Social Security number, plan name and case number ready for the customer service representative.

More information about Form 1099-R is available on the IRS website:

  1. Instructions
  2. Sample 1099-R form
  3. Additional 1099 information on IRS's Tax Map site
  4. Sample 1042-S form
Index | Print | Close