IRS Income Tax Forms: 1099-R and 1042-S
If you receive a benefit from PBGC, we report the amount annually to the IRS.
For income tax purposes, each January PBGC will send you an IRS Form 1099-R or form 1042-S that states the amount we paid you the previous year. If you need a Form 1099-R or 1042-S for the most recent tax year and haven’t received it, PBGC will get you one.
How to Obtain Your 1099-R or 1042-S From PBGC:
- Use MyPBA, PBGC’s online service, to view and print a copy of your tax form for the most recent tax year.
- After you login, under the menu "My Plan Options", select the link "Your Tax Forms". If you are a member of multiple plans, the "Your Tax Forms" link will appear after you select a plan.
- Call PBGC's Customer Contact Center to request a form by mail.
- The number is 1-800-400-7242.
- For TTY/ASCII (American Standard Code for Information Interchange) users, call the federal relay service toll-free at 1-800-877-8339 and ask to be connected to the number above.
- Please have your Social Security number, plan name and case number ready for the customer service representative.
More information about Form 1099-R is available on the IRS website:
- Sample 1099-R form
- Additional 1099 information on IRS's Tax Map site
- Sample 1042-S form