Federal Income Tax Withholding
PBGC is required to withhold federal taxes from your pension benefit unless you inform us otherwise. You have three options: 1) no withholding; 2) withholding a fixed dollar amount; or 3) automatic withholding based on your marital status and number of exemptions. If you do not make an election, we automatically withhold federal taxes as if you are a married individual with three exemptions.
You may change your election at any time.
Different withholding rules may apply if your mailing address is outside the United States or its territories.
- Use MyPBA, PBGC's online service, to update your contact information
- Print this form, complete it and mail it to PBGC: Federal Tax Withholding Form.
- Call PBGC's Customer Contact Center to request a federal tax withholding form.
- Call at 1-800-400-7242. For TTY/ASCII (American Standard Code for Information Interchange) users, call the federal relay service toll-free at 1-800-877-8339 and ask to be connected to the number above.
- Remember to have your Social Security number, plan name and case number ready for the customer service representative so that they are better able to help you.