Online Pension Transactions Through MyPBA
MyPBA is our secure online service that lets you handle certain common transactions with PBGC.
Who can use MyPBA?
- You can use MyPBA if PBGC is the trustee of your pension plan.
- You can set up your MyPBA account once your plan's information is loaded into our database. This can be a complicated process. You won't be able to use MyPBA until several months after we take responsibility for your plan.
- You can use MyPBA even if you haven't started to get your monthly benefit from PBGC.
What do I need to sign up?
- An e-mail address
- Your date of birth
- Your valid Social Security Number
When can I open an account?
- You can create your personal MyPBA account as soon as we have acquired your plan's information and finished loading it into our database.
- It typically takes several months to set up the database for your account.
- If you try to open an account too soon, you will get a message that there's no match to the plan name or case number yet.
How do I set up an account?
- Go to www.pbgc.gov/mypba
- Click on "Apply for an account" to create your MyPBA account and follow the easy steps.
- You can view the step-by-step instructions for creating a new MyPBA account or print them out.
- If you have any problems opening an account, our Customer Contact Center will contact you within 24 hours or, you can call them directly at 1-800-400-7242.