Online Pension Transactions Through MyPBA
MyPBA is our secure online service that lets you handle certain common transactions with PBGC.
Who can use MyPBA?
- You can use MyPBA if PBGC is the trustee of your pension plan.
- You can set up your MyPBA account once your plan's information is loaded into our database. This can be a complicated process. You won't be able to use MyPBA until several months after we take responsibility for your plan.
- You can use MyPBA even if you haven't started to get your monthly benefit from PBGC.
What do I need to sign up?
- An email address
- Your date of birth
- Your valid Social Security Number
When can I open an account?
- You can create your personal MyPBA account as soon as we have acquired your plan's information and finished loading it into our database.
- It typically takes several months to set up the database for your account.
- If you try to open an account too soon, you will get a message that there's no match to the plan name or case number yet.
How do I set up an account?
- Go to www.pbgc.gov/mypba
- Click on "Apply for an account" to create your MyPBA account and follow the easy steps.
- You can view the step-by-step instructions for creating a new MyPBA account or print them out.
- If you have any problems opening an account, our Customer Contact Center will contact you within 24 hours or, you can call them directly at 1-800-400-7242.
12/26/2013: Having a Problem Using Internet Explorer 11 with MyPBA?
MyPBA works best with the following browsers: Internet Explorer 8, Internet Explorer 9, Internet Explorer 10, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
If you use Internet Explorer 11, you may find that MyPBA is unresponsive. We are aware of this problem, and are working to make MyPBA fully compatible with Internet Explorer 11. We apologize for any inconvenience.
We expect MyPBA will be fully compatible with Internet Explorer 11 when we update the system in June 2014.
If you wish to use Internet Explorer 11 while we're fixing the problem, here's a tip that might help:
Set your Internet Explorer 11 browser to Compatibility Mode. Microsoft reports that clicking the Compatibility View button helps fix display problems on websites. The Compatibility View button is displayed in the address bar and looks like a torn sheet of paper. For more information, please check out the Microsoft Support Page.