Stephens Class Action Settlement
Class Action Fairness Act (“CAFA”)
Notice of Proposed Class Action Settlement
RE: James Stephens, et al. v. US Airways Group, Inc., Case No. 07-1264 RMC,
U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
As required by 28 U.S.C. § 1715(b), the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (“PBGC”) is providing a copy of the following documents:
1. The Third Amended Complaint and the Fourth Amended Complaint in this action, which are the Amended Complaints relevant to the action and the settlement, as well as the motion by class representatives James Stephens and Richard Mahoney to withdraw and be replaced by John Davis and the order granting this motion.
- Third Amended Complaint (pdf)
- Fourth amended complaint (pdf)
- Plaintiffs’ Unopposed Motion to Substitute Class Representative (pdf)
- Order Certifying Class (Revised Class Rep Sub) (pdf)
2. A status hearing has been scheduled for December 18, 2014 at 2:00 PM.
3. The proposed notice to the class members concerning (a) a summary of the settlement, and (b) their right to request exclusion from this class action.
4. The proposed settlement agreement.
5. There is no settlement agreement or other contemporaneous agreement made between class counsel and defendant’s counsel.
6. The notices of voluntary dismissal filed by Donald Nippert and Floyd Stephens.
- Minute Order Approving Stip Dismissal Nippert (pdf)
- Minute Order Approving Stip Dismissal Stephens (pdf)
7. The Court Order authorizing PBGC to disclose certain information that is or may be protected by the Privacy Act, 5 U.S.C. § 552a.
8. On November 26, 2014 the Court issued a minute order denying without prejudice the motion for preliminary approval of the settlement agreement because the recently substituted class representative had not yet completed his review of the settlement agreement. On December 15, 2014 the Court returned the motion for preliminary approval of the settlement agreement to active status.
- Minute Order Denying Prelim Motion Without Prejudice (pdf)
- Minute Order Returning Prelim Motion to Active Status (pdf)