Non-personal Information Collected by Online Resources
PBGC uses various software tools and computing methods to insure this site is operating in an optimum manner and to identify what information is of the most and least interest to its users. PBGC does not collect or sell information about individuals for commercial purposes. PBGC currently collects the following types of non-personal information for system management purposes:
- The name of the domain from which a user accesses the Internet (for example, www.google.com);
- The type of browser and operating system used to access PBGC's site;
- The date and time a user access PBGC's site;
- The Internet address of the website from which linked directly to PBGC's site;
- The pages and files a user accesses on PBGC's site.
PBGC also employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. No attempts are made to identify individual users unless that user chooses to submit personal information, or illegal behavior is suspected. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986, the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act of 1996, or other such laws as may apply.