Jobs at PBGC
PBGC is a federal agency with over 900 employees. PBGC staff include accountants; actuaries; attorneys; auditors; budget, financial and management analysts; information technology specialists; pension law and public affairs specialists; administrative personnel; and more. Every PBGC employee plays an important role in PBGC's mission of protecting America's pensions.
For a list of current job openings visit USAJobs. This link will take you directly to a listing of PBGC vacancy announcements.
Each specific vacancy announcement provides instructions regarding how to apply for that particular position. You will be asked to apply for PBGC vacancies by submitting an online application package, which includes the following:
- A resume that meets the requirements specified in the vacancy announcement.
- Your online responses to the vacancy questions for the position.
- An optional cover letter.
- Any other supplemental documentation indicated as required in the vacancy announcement (for example, SF-50, writing samples, transcripts, etc.)
Applications must be received online by midnight Eastern Standard Time on the closing date of the announcement. Your resume and supplemental documents may be submitted in one of the following ways on the Vacancy Documents webpage, which loads after you have answered the vacancy questions.
- Upload–You may upload documents from your computer. The acceptable format types are gif image(.gif), jpeg image(.jpg), png image(.png), rich text format(.rtf ), Microsoft word(.doc, .docx), adobe pdf(.pdf), and Word Perfect(.wpd).
- USAJOBS–You may download documents transferred from USAJOBS.
Please note that this option is only available if you initiated the application process in USAJOBS. Supplemental documents transferred from USAJOBS are NOT automatically added to your application; you will need to click on "USAJOBS" and follow the instructions.
- Fax–You may generate a fax coversheet and fax the documents. Please use only the fax coversheet and fax number generated by the system. The fax coversheet is specific to your application and will ensure that your resume and supplemental documentation are attached electronically to your application.
If you would like to update your documents after your initial submission you may do so by clicking the USAJOBS, Upload, or Fax link. The new document that you submit will replace the existing version already on file. The documents must be updated by the closing date of the announcements.
Questions may be directed to the Staffing Specialist identified on the vacancy announcement. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, politics or any other non-merit factor.
PBGC is committed to the principle that its personnel actions for all employees and applicants for employment shall be based on merit without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or disability, except where required by law. These actions include, but are not limited to: recruitment, selection and hiring, performance ratings, awards, training, promotion, termination, compensation, and fringe benefits. The agency's Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) office develops and administers PBGC's EEO and affirmative employment programs. The Director of the EEO Office routinely reviews personnel policies and practices to ensure a discrimination-free work environment.
PBGC encourages qualified applicants with disabilities to apply. Applicants with disabilities who are interested in learning more about job opportunities under the Schedule A Hiring Authority and other available hiring flexibilities and authorities are encouraged to contact PBGC's Selective Placement Program Coordinator, Donald Beasley, at (202) 326-4000 ext. 3637 or email@example.com. TTY/ASCII (American Standard Code for Information Interchange) users should call the federal relay service at (800) 877-8339 and ask to be connected to (202) 326-4000 ext 3637.